You are at the Düsseldorf Airport? Find out more about airport, airlines, alternatives…
Düsseldorf Airport – Details
You have new WiFi info? Please tell us in comment section below and we will update this section for everyone to see!
About Dusseldorf Airport
Duty-free rules when arriving in Germany
Germany is within the European Union. If you are travelling from the UK, you are entitled to buy fragance, skincare, cosmetics, Champagne, wine, selected spirits, fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs – all at tax-free equivalent prices. There are no allowance restrictions on these tax-free items.
Büsingen and the Isle of Heligoland are treated as being outside of the EU for duty-free purposes.
If you are travelling from within the EU, there is no limit on the amount or value of goods you may import, providing your goods are for personal consumption. Goods imported for commercial purposes are subject to duty and the following guideline amounts are in place to determine whether this is the case:
• 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos or 200 cigars or 1kg of tobacco.
• 10L of spirits over 22%, 20L of alcoholic beverages less than 22%, 90L of wine (no more than 60L of sparkling wine) and 110L of beer.
Note: Until 31 December 2017, travellers arriving from Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania or Romania may only import up to 300 cigarettes.
If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into Germany by travellers over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco.
• 4L of wine and 16L of beer and 1L of spirits over 22% volume or 2L of alcoholic beverages less than 22% volume.
• Other goods up to the value of €430 for air and sea travellers and €300 for other travellers (reduced to €175 for children under 15).
Unauthorised firearms and ammunition, unapproved fireworks, unconstitutional literature, pornography which is violent or involves children, any food considered a health hazard, narcotics, dangerous dogs, endangered species and counterfeit goods.