You are at the Vienna Airport? Find out more about airport, airlines, alternatives…
Vienna Airport – Details
Free wireless; no password required throughout entire airport.
You have new WiFi info? Please tell us in comment section below and we will update this section for everyone to see!
About Vienna Schwechat Airport
Duty free rules when arriving in Austria
Austria is within the European Union. If you are travelling from the UK, you are entitled to buy fragance, skincare, cosmetics, Champagne, wine, selected spirits, fashion accessories, gifts and souvenirs – all at tax-free equivalent prices. There are no allowance restrictions on these tax-free items.
If arriving from within the EU, you must prove your goods are for personal use if you bring in more than the following quantities:
• 800 cigarettes or 400 cigarillos or 200 cigars or 1kg of tobacco.
• 10L of spirits over 22% or 20L of fortified wine or spirits up to 22%.
• 90L of wine (including up to 60L of sparkling wine).
• 110L of beer.
However, if you enter Austria from Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania or Romania, the tax-exempt allowance for cigarettes is 300; any cigarettes in excess of this quantity are subject to tobacco duty.
If you are arriving from a non-EU country, the following goods may be imported into Austria by travellers over 17 years of age without incurring customs duty:
• 200 cigarettes or 100 cigarillos or 50 cigars or 250g of tobacco or a proportional mix of these products.
• 1L of spirits over 22% or 2L of fortified wine or spirits up to 22% or a proportional mix of these products.
• 4L of non-sparkling wine.
• 16L of beer.
• Medicinal products sufficient for your visit.
• Other goods up to a value of €430 for airline travellers or €300 for other travellers per calendar day (reduced to €150 for children under 15).
Restricted imports include plant and animal products and endangered species.
Travellers may not import medicines other than prescribed drugs for personal use.
If bringing a weapon and ammunition into Austria, you must hold a European Firearms Pass. The import of certain weapons, such as knuckle dusters or pump-action guns, is banned.