According to IATA statistics, the English are the most numerous on international flights. Indeed, here is the ranking of the nationalities that travel the most:
1. United Kingdom (126.2 million or 8.6% of all passengers)
2. United States (111.5 million or 7.6% of all passengers)
3. People’s Republic of China (97 million, or 6.6% of all passengers)
4. Germany (94.3 million or 6.4% of all passengers)
5. France (59.8 million, or 4.1% of all passengers)
Low-cost flights have particularly benefited European passengers, for whom an international flight costs less on average than for Americans and Chinese.