The IATA (International Air Transport Association) has published its statistics for the year 2018 indicating that global transport is becoming increasingly accessible and efficient. In terms of market share, the Asia-Pacific region ranks first. Here is the ranking of the regions:
1. Asia-Pacific: 37.1% of global transport (1.6 billion passengers)
2. Europe: 26.2% of world transport (1.1 billion passengers)
3. North America: 22.6% of world transport (989.4 million passengers)
4. Latin America: 6.9% of world transport (302.2 million passengers)
5. Middle East: 5.1% of world transport (224.2 million passengers)
6. Africa: 2.1% of world transport (92 million passengers)
All these figures have increased between 2017 and 2018, reflecting improvements in accessibility for 2018.